Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Grinch Dinner

Tonight for supper, we had our own little Whoville meal of rare who roast beast, who hash, who pudding, and Grinch punch.  When I told the kids what I was making for supper, Jonathan looked at me and said: "Pinterest ?" 
Yep, I got the idea from Pinterest.  Here is the link if you are interested


Our Rare Who Roast Beast (which was fully cooked) was a rotisserie chicken already cooked from the grocery store. Plan A was to make prime rib. I splurged on one this morning at Butcher Block, only to learn once I got home that Don does not like prime rib. Seriously???? How could I not know that after 12 years of marriage. (The prime rib will now be reserved for Jan 5th for our belated Miller Christmas celebration/Megan's b-day). The Who Hash was cheesy hashbrowns, and the Who Pudding was cookie salad. I made that instead of rice pudding because it's low maintenance, and Eric is not the biggest fan of rice pudding.
  The kids loved it all (well, Megan skipped the chicken part of the meal, as she only eats meat in the form of nuggets or on pizza.)  Below is Jonathan's plate.  This is after 4 helpings of Who Pudding and 2 of Who Hash.  The kids all said we need to make this a tradition and do it next year as well.  It was pretty easy to put together.
Because of the Grinch Meal, there is no Isabelf update tonight.  I only have so much creativity ambition per day, and the meal took all of that up.

No comments: