Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Bird

Not only did we keep Don and Kathy's cat, we (er, shall I say, Don) also kept their bird.  Don has fun with it.  I do not.  I really don't like the thing all that much.

Tonight, Lucy was out of his cage (I am also not fond of this).  Lucy ended up in our Christmas Tree.  I took a few pictures because the kids thought it was so funny.  Lucy started pecking at the lights, so Don thought he would get him out of the tree to avoid a Christmas Tree Disaster.  This made Lucy angry.  Very angry.  Don just laughed.  I got the tensy type of nervous that I get when the bird is out of his cage.  Don ended up calmly grabbing Lucy by his tail to get him out of the tree.  This further angered Lucy.  Lucy flew away from Don and landed on me.

He landed on my hip.

He did not stay on my hip for long.

Perhaps I reacted with a bit of physical aggression against the bird.  Perhaps I used a really, really, really, really bad adjective to describe the bird when it landed on me.  Perhaps I may have flailed my arms and even screamed a little bit.

Don rescued Lucy and returned him to his cage.

I apologized for saying that really, really, really, really bad word in front of my kids. I don't think they even heard it because they were laughing so hard.






No comments: