Monday, July 23, 2012

Park Rapids Fun

The kids and I went to Park Rapids last week for our annual summer R&R.  Don stayed home this year.  I packed our bike helmets, ball and gloves, frisbee, and swim/lake gear.  I also packed my rollerblades.  I did not get to wear them, as Jonathan asked if he could try them out.  Then Eric asked if he could try them out.  Thanks to Grandpa's walker, each boy is now a mostly proficient roller blader, and logged many, many laps between Gma and Gpa's long driveway and Chris and Layla's driveway.  Megan had fun on Macy's old 16" bike, and logged many laps on it as well.


Thursday night, Mom took us uptown for the music festival (it has a fancier name, but I don't remember what it is....)  Megan got her face painted.  The boys did not.

On Friday, we did our shopping uptown, which included a stop at Aunt Belle's candy shop.  Each kid got a little treat.  After lunch at the Pizza Hut buffet, I took the kids to one of my High School friend's family cabin on Long Lake.  The boys went tubing behind a waverunner, and Megan got a ride on a waverunner.  There was also a waterslide down the yard into the lake make from tarp and a water hose.  How much fun did they have!

No comments: