Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cookies

One of my favorite childhood Christmas memories is celebrating the start of Advent season at Canaan Moravian Church.  We would have a big potluck after Church, then the kids would decorate sugar cookies, make ornaments, and the adults would make the beeswax candles for Christmas Eve service.  Since today is the start of Advent, I thought we would start the same tradition in our family.

I made sure I repeated the story of my favorite Christmas tradition to the kids repeatedly. 
They like it when I do that.

I was expecting the kids to decorate 2 or 3 cookies before getting bored. They did much better than that. I think Megan and Eric did around 8, and Jonathan did a few more that. Don decorated one or two, but there is nothing to show for his. We had a very messy table when it was all done.

*FULL DISCLOSURE*  These cookies are not, um....germ free :-).  Especially the ones that Megan made.  It's just inconvenient to wash your hands every time after licking frosting off your fingers.







 These are some of my cookies...
 These are Eric's
 Jonathan's
 And Megan's (her brothers may have helped with some, but she did most of it by herself)

No comments: